Apr 18, 2018
Job Vacancy: Junior Accountant
Job Vacancy: Junior Accountant, April 2018
We are happy to confirm that we are accepting applications for the position of Junior Accountant, joining our Team at our Nicosia Office.
Job Title: Junior Accountant
Job Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: Depends on experience and qualifications
Department: Accounting Department
Report to: Accounting Manager
Maintains and controls the General Ledger accounts and business transactions of the organization. Prepares accounting records for small, medium and large size companies by complying and analyzing account information, under the supervision of an Accounting Manager. Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards;
- Reconciliation of Debtors, Creditors and Bank;
- Compute taxes owed (VAT) and prepare VAT returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other VAT requirements;
- Establish tables of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts;
- Preparation and submission of VIES Reports;
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of E-soft and other current computer technology;
- Invoicing and issuing receipts;
- Identify possible risks or errors in systems and controls and provide suggestions on how to handle them;
- Maintain payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data;
- Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages;
- Determine payroll liabilities by calculating PAYE social insurance and other funds payment;
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs; Represent clients before taxing authorities and provide support;
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient user of MS Office – Word, Excel, Outlook;
- Able to learn new software quickly (Eurosoft, Patsoft – Time Sheets, and other Accounting software);
- Effective communication skills;
- Able to work as part of the team;
- Pleasant personality;
- Highly motivated;
- Able to multitask;
- Highly organized;
- Attention to detail;
- Able to work under pressure, meeting deadlines;
- Previous experience with an Accounting software is required. Being a proficient user of E-Soft will be considered an advantage.
- High School Diploma;
- LCCI Level 3 IAS: Certificate in accounting;
- One year of related working experience. Additional experience will be considered an advantage;
- Computer Literate;
- Fluent in Greek and English language (knowledge of Russian language will be considered an advantage).
- Office position;
- Occasional inland travel to clients’ premises;
- Occasional overseas travel to clients’ premises;
- Working hours: Monday to Thursday 8:00 am – 5:30 pm with one-hour lunch break (1:00 pm – 2:00 pm); Friday 8:00 am – 2:00 pm without a lunch break.
How to Apply:
If you are eager to learn, highly motivated and organized, and willing to contribute to our diverse culture, we encourage you to apply by sending your CV and Cover Letter via email [email protected] by fax 22419998.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
We look forward to hearing from you!